2017 Don Hartman Conservation Leadership Program to be held June 27th-29th! More details to come.
What is the Don Hartman Conservation Leadership School?
Students who participate in this hands-on program will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Explore the natural environment
- Understand the interdependence of people and their environment
- Develop an awareness about public and private agencies that manage natural resources
- Learn about career opportunities
- Become a successful steward of land and natural resources
The Berks County Conservation District and the Nolde Forest Environmental Education Center are offering this program to Berks County high school students. This program is offered to all high school students in public, private, online and/or home schools. Students registering for the event must choose either a three day program or an abbreviated one day program. All students and/or parents-guardians are responsible for their own transportation to the program locations. Also, students are responsible for supplying their own lunches/dietary needs for each day. The Conservation Leadership Program is modeled after a local conservationist named Don Hartman and strives to continue his conservation legacy.