What is the Don Hartman Conservation Leadership School?
Students who participate in this hands-on program will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Explore the natural environment
- Understand the interdependence of people and their environment
- Develop an awareness about public and private agencies that manage natural resources
- Learn about career opportunities
- Become a successful steward of land and natural resources
The Berks County Conservation District and the Berks County Parks & Rec are offering this program to Berks County high school students. This program is offered to all high school students in public, private, online and/or home schools. All students and/or parents-guardians are responsible for their own transportation to the program locations. Also, students are responsible for supplying their own lunches/dietary needs for each day. The Conservation Leadership Program is modeled after a local conservationist named Don Hartman and strives to continue his conservation legacy.