The Berks County Conservation District’s (BCCD) Spotted Lanternfly Control Program overall objective is to reduce the number of Spotted Lanternfly (Lycorma delicatula) by treating and eliminating one of the invasive insects’ preferred host trees, the Tree of Heaven (Ailanthus altissima). Several Tree of Heaven trees will be left and treated with systemic insecticides to provide control of Spotted Lanternfly. Our program will concentrate on privately owned property in areas of Berks County with higher concentrations of Spotted Lanternfly and Tree of Heaven.
Properties will be selected on a priority basis considering the following qualities:
- Location to high travel corridor
- Proximity to previously treated property
- Proximity to susceptible commodity
- Continuous acreage/adjacent properties
- Adult Infestation level
- Egg mass number
- Number of Ailanthus
- Concentration of other preferred trees (non commodity)
- Property type
- Proximity to quarantine border
*Please consider these priorities before submitting Assistance Request Form.
*This is not a contact spray treatment program for Spotted Lanternfly.
*Assistance Request Form due February 15, 2019.